Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions carefully, as they contain important information about your rights and obligations when using FlatSearch.co.za ("this Site").
- "We" are FlatSearch.co.za. You can email us at the address (support) at flatsearch.co.za.
- We provide this website, further referred to as the “site”, for the convenience of buyers, tenants, investors and browsers interested in immovable property, and collect content in the form of advertisements from private sellers, subscribing estate agents, letting agents, developers as well as related parties, to display properties they are marketing. We are not estate agents ourselves.
- When you use this Site, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Terms, you may not use this Site.
- Certain uses of this Site are prohibited and amount to a misuse of our systems and the Site.
- You may print and keep a copy of these Terms. They are a legal agreement between us and can only be modified with our consent. We may change these Terms at our discretion by changing them on the Site. The then current version of these Terms will apply whenever you use this Site.
- By viewing any pages that constitute this Site, a person becomes a 'user' and agree to the terms and conditions of use below:
- We subscribe to the principles for electronically collecting personal information outlined in chapter 8 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Bill that became law in the Republic of South Africa in August of 2002. All communications from us will provide a clear hyperlink where you can reverse you permission or deregister. If you have any problem with this process please call (+27)72 853 9192 for assistance.
- We intend using any personal or organisational particulars you submit to us via email, telephone, or the submission forms on this site only to respond to any specific request for information you have made on the site, and, with the exception of possible communication and use of this information in terms of 2.3 and 2.4 below, will not use this information in any other way or disclose it to any third party without your express written consent, unless forced to do so by law.
- We do not, and will not, offer your personal information to any third parties, unless forced to do so by law, or with your explicit consent.
- Like many websites, we use "cookies" to enable us to personalise your visits to this website, simplify the signing-in procedure, keep track of your preferences and to track the usage of this website. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored in the hard drive of your computer by your browser. Your browser will have the option to prevent websites using cookies, but please note that this may reduce the functionality of this Site and other websites.
- All the content on this web site, including any and all graphics, text, icons, hyperlinks, private information, designs, trademarks, software, databases and agreements, is the intellectual property of FlatSearch.co.za (under IronZebra Web Applications) and is protected by local and international law dealing with copyright and intellectual property rights. You may not use or copy it without our prior written consent.
- No business, person or web site may frame this site or store any of the pages on this site in any way whatsoever without the permission in writing from us.
- If you find any provided information on this site to be in violation of copyright law, intellectual property law or any other applicable South African electronic laws, let us know immediately, so that we may remove it within reasonable time. Although the Site takes reasonable measures to ensure that its content is not in violation, we receive and display information from automated software and third parties. It is the responsibilty of the violated party to contact us if a violation is evident, so we may remove the violating content within reasonable time.
- This Site contains links to websites operated by third parties. We have no control over their individual content. We therefore make no warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any of the information appearing in relation to any linked websites. The links are for your convenience only. We do not recommend any products or services advertised on those websites. If you decide to access any third party website linked from this Site, you do so at your own risk.
- The details of the properties available on this Site are provided to us by web crawlers, third parties, private sellers and our affiliated estate agents for your information only. We cannot verify these details and therefore make no warranties or representations as to their accuracy or completeness. If you rely on these details, you do so at your own risk.
- We, the designers of this site and any of the client's agents or representatives shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability, however arising, from the use or inability to use this web site or the services, content or information provided on and through this web site.
- We make no express or implied representations or warranties that the content and service available from this web site are free from errors or omissions or that the service will be 100% uninterrupted and error free. Users are encouraged to report any possible malfunctions and errors to (support) at flatsearch.co.za. We shall not be liable if we cannot process your details due to circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
- This web site is available via the internet for any user with access, to view 'as is', and has not been compiled or designed to meet each user's individual requirements. We will not be held responsible for any inconvenience, loss or damage that a user may suffer as a result of failure to meet such requirements. Users are encouraged to give any feedback or comments on the site to the email address in the point above.
- Any legal person that delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to this web Site, to gain unauthorised access to any page on this web site, to tamper with any of the content or pages that constitute this web site or duplicate such pages or content shall be prosecuted to the full extent of the law, and civil damages shall be claimed in the event that we suffer any damage or loss as a result of such actions.
- Whilst we attempt to ensure that any material available for downloading from this Site is not contaminated in any way, we do not warrant that such material will be free from infection, viruses and/or similar code.
All disputes in terms of this agreement or relating to the use or inability to use this web site shall be settled by arbitration conducted in English in terms of the rules of the South African Arbitration Foundation. Such arbitration shall be held in Cape Town, South Africa, and the unsuccessful party shall pay all costs incurred by the successful party in attending and preparing for such arbitration.
- This agreement constitutes the whole agreement between us and the user, and no terms and conditions that are not expressly stated in this agreement may be implied by either party.
- We reserve the right to change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice, such changes being deemed to come into effect as soon as they are incorporated in this agreement and viewable on the site.
- The last time this document was updated was May 1, 2011.